Fantastic stop in Condado Paradanta of the Tourist Trains of Galicia
For several years now, our Cooperative has been part of the Galician Tourist Trains program through the Lamprey Route . This initiative is organized by Renfe and the Xunta de Galicia and supported by organizations such as INORDE or Xacobeo.
The Lamprey Route departs from Pontevedra to visit the historic center and cathedral-fortress of Tui, continuing through the Salvaterra de Miño castle and its Wine Science Museum. Later, it moves to the Arbo “pesqueiras”, famous for being where the lamprey is caught in the Miño river. Continue visiting the Interpretation Center of wine and lamprey «Arabo» to finish in our Cooperative, already in As Neves, where the Tasting of Requeixo, Honey and wines from As Neves and Condado Paradanta.
The event took place last Saturday, August 21 at the As Neves Market, ours being the last stop, at 7:00 p.m. and receiving approximately one hundred people, including travelers and tour guides.
We have the honor of being one of the top rated survey stops For this reason we try to improve ourselves every year, not only presenting our products, but also trying to become hosts that make the traveler feel at home, transferring the benefits and values that our As Neves environment offers and that we summarize in our motto «People, Passion, Poetry and Landscape».
After giving a warm welcome to the group, we proceeded to start the tasting, the menu of which consisted on this occasion by:
- Requeixo ball with salt and battered in crushed pistachios
- Chopped ham toast with Requeixo
- Bread toast with spreaded Requeixo and a slice of chorizo
- Baked Requeixo cake
- Requeixo and Honey
The five excellent wines that we have to pair with each product:
- Eidosela Great Arbastrum – Requeixo ball with salt and battered in crushed pistachios
- Albariño from Eidosela – Chopped ham toast with Requeixo
- Red wine from Eidosela – Bread toast with spreaded Requeixo and a slice of chorizo
- Albariño Tortoreos Abbey – Baked Requeixo Cake
- And in scoop for being its first official tasting, we released an Albariño Chan de Vide that accompanied our mythical dessert of Requeixo and Miel.
We are very proud and happy to participate in this program, which we are already thinking about in its next edition.
For more information and to purchase tickets, we leave you this link .