Recipe of sweet potato salad with requeixo and crunchy pistachios prepared for the Recetas con Requeixo As Neves competition.
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 3 radishes
– A bunch of coriander
– 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
– 8 spoonfuls of requeixo from Condado Paradanta
– ½ teaspoon cumin
– ½ tablespoon oregano
– 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Start by peeling the sweet potatoes and cutting them into thin strips. Next, place the strips on a baking tray and add two tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir everything well so that all the sweet potato is well impregnated with olive oil.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until you can see that the sweet potato is golden brown.
- Once the sweet potato is baked, take it out and prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. To do this, cut the radishes into thin slices, crush the pistachios with a pestle and mortar and chop the coriander.
- Finally, place the sweet potato, requeixo, radish and crushed pistachios on a plate. Add the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, cumin, oregano, lemon juice and a little salt. Stir well and garnish with a few coriander leaves.
In this recipe we use: